How to Install a Ring Doorbell without an Existing Doorbell wiring
The Nest Doorbell can be installed without being connected to your doorbell’s existing wiring. But what if you don’t have a doorbell? Don’t worry. You can still enjoy the convenience and security that a smart doorbell brings without any current wiring. Here’s how to install a Ring doorbell without an existing doorbell, and how to charge your doorbell.
Without wiring, your Ring doorbell will not have a power source. Therefore, the first thing that Ring recommends you need to do is fully charge the battery.
How to Charge a Ring Doorbell
- Remove the battery from the bottom of the Ring doorbell.
- Plug the Ring doorbell battery to a power source using the orange USB cable. The battery will be fully charged if the light on top turns green, and there is no orange light.
- Insert the battery back into the Ring device.
The battery should last at least 6 months, depending on how often the doorbell is used. To avoid downtime, you can purchase a 2nd battery to keep as a replacement.
How to Install a Ring Doorbell without an Existing Doorbell
- Now that you know how to charge your Ring doorbell’s battery, you can proceed to install the doorbell. Teach the Customer how to do this as he will need to do it in the next 6 months
Note: Before you install your doorbell, make sure that you download the app and set up your Ring doorbell account first Use the Customer’s Phone if possible.
- Follow these steps below: Insert the level tool into the front of your Ring device. You will need to do this before you add the faceplate. The level tool is included in the Install Tools box. It is a small orange bar with some fluid inside.
- Using the level tool, position the Ring Doorbell where you want it installed. You want the device to be around 4 feet off the ground (at chest height). The bubble in the level tool should be dead center.
- Mark off the mounting holes using a pencil. This step is only necessary if you are installing your Ring video doorbell on stucco, brick, or concrete. For this kind of installation, you will need to use the provided bit to drill a hole into your wall. Then insert the provided anchors into the holes.
- Screw your Ring doorbell into the wall.
- Place the faceplate on the Ring video doorbell. Insert the top of the faceplate at an angle and slot it into place until it clicks. Make sure that you remove the level tool first.
- Tighten the security screws by the bottom of the doorbell. Use the screwdriver and star-shaped security screw provided to tighten the faceplate into place.