MARCH 18, 2020
A Note From the Support Crew About COVID-19
Support Crew STAFF WRITER
To our customers,
Like so many of you, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our world. For the Support Crew, that means understanding how it affects our employees, customers and communities, and then making the necessary adjustments to our work and operations.
We have one simple objective that guides us: keeping you and our employees safe. This has been at the center of our conversations every step of the way. With that in mind, we have made several moves in our business in response to the threat of the coronavirus.
We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus. We have shared specific instructions with our employees on the importance of washing their hands and staying home if they feel sick or are returning from an area of the world identified as posing a coronavirus-related risk. Per CDC recommendations, we will ask employees who have traveled to such locations or have been exposed to others who have traveled to such locations to self-quarantine for 14 days.
What you can expect if one of our Crew Members visits your home:
- All of our technicians have been trained on procedures, including those recommended by the CDC, to promote cleanliness and to help prevent the spread of illness.
- Our technicians will wear face coverings/masks and shoe covers inside your home. Technicians will wear gloves as much as possible, and may need to clean or sanitize surfaces they touch during their visit.
- Techs will practice safe social distancing whenever possible while visiting your home.
- For your health and safety, technicians have been advised to not shake hands.
- Work orders will be signed using a unique pin so you won’t need to touch the tech’s phone or tablet while on-site.
- As always, if technicians have a known illness, they will not visit a customer’s home.
We know that many of you have scheduled in-home consultations, deliveries, installations or repairs with us. If you have any concerns, we will be happy to partner with you to reschedule your appointment at no additional cost. Simply whenever the Crew calls you tell them of your situation, and we will take care of it.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and do all we can to protect you and our employees.